More than ever, it's important to consider your personal mental health. It's very tempting to spend your entire day in front of your laptop when you work from home. It's a natural instinct because that's what you do when you're in the office, right?
Or do you? Think about it. Yes, you spend a lot of time at your office desk, but you also:
- Take coffee breaks
- Chat with your colleagues
- Go out for lunch (or leave your desk at least)
- Have impromptu team meetings
- Go out to meet with customers
- Get a glass of water or a soda
- Grab a snack, maybe another coffee
- Get stopped in the hall to chat with someone on your way to or from the office kitchen
- Commute to and from work
You actually do a lot of things at the office where you are not necessarily at your desk. Keep that in mind when you're working from home.