My latest analog to digital conversion project. These images from Haliburton were likely taken in the 1990's. Sadly, the slide frames do not have a date stamped on them, so I can't be sure of the timeframe. 
 
Once again, Photoshop's Dust and Scratches filter was a HUGE time-saver.
Adding a little bit of a vintage treatment to this image. 
I love this old water chute. My friend, whose cottage is in the area, has a stunning black and white image of this location. Where I can't match in skill, I try to make up for in color. :-)
This image was a challenge. Slide film, sunny day, high contrast. I'm amazed I captured as much detail as I did on the slide! However, going to digital, this image required HDR processing to even come close to the tonal range in the slide. I used four bracketed exposures to pull in detail from the shadows and highlights. I'm not sure why, but I smply could not work with this image in Lightroom. Whenever I brought over the 32-bit TIFF file, it looked horrible. So, I ended up processing this image in ACR, saving a 32-bit tif, then reducing the image to 16 bit and then I was able to go back to LR and export the image.

You may also like

Collaborating on a Creative Campus model
February, 2017
Banff
March, 2014
Night Time at Bellmere
June, 2016
New camera, new possibilities
July, 2015
Painted Photos
October, 2014
Marshmallow World
December, 2014
Wild, Wild Southwest
August, 2016
50 Shades of Grayscale
November, 2014
Winter is Here
November, 2016
The Last Resort
May, 2016
Back to Top